March 31, 2010

Redeemed

Panglao White Beach, Bohol, Philippines
Redemption could not come until the cause of the bondage was dealt with. Jesus must first judged the prince if this world (Satan) and spoiled principalities and powers before a victorious redemption could become effective (John 12:31; Colossians 2:15). What good would redemption be if our foe were not defeated? We could never “resist the devil that he flee from us,” have the “whole armor of God” to quench all the fiery darts, or be “more than conquerors” (James 4:7; Ephesians 6:11-17; Romans 8:37). God did not provide “coat of skins” for Adam and Eve until He first pronounced judgment upon the old serpent, Satan (Genesis 3:9-21). The Passover (redemption) was not instituted until after the judgments of the plagues against Pharaoh (Exodus 7:1-12:33). Our redemption was established when Christ defeated Satan and came forth from the grave with “the keys of hell and death” (Revelation 1:18).

Friend, are you still in the bondage of sin? Aren’t you sure that you’ll going to Heaven right after this life? Come to Jesus today believing that He is willing, able and powerful to set you free from the bondage of sin and to save you from the impending torments of Hell (Hebrews 7:25). Fanny J. Crosby wrote:

Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed thro’ His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever I am.

Now, I can say and sing these words with the assurance in my heart that I am redeemed by Jesus indeed!
The Meaning of Christ's Death
A.It's nature:
  1. It was predetermined: Acts 2:23; I Pet. 1:18-20; Rev. 13:8
  2. It was voluntary: John 10:17,18; Gal. 2:20
  3. It was vicarious: I Pet. 3:18; I Cor. 15:3; Rom. 4:25
  4. It was sacrificial: I Cor. 5:7; Isa. 53:10; Heb. 9: 14,26
  5. It was expiatory: Gal. 3:13
  6. It was propitiatory: I John 2:1,2; Rom. 3:25
  7. It was redemptive: Gal. 4:4,5; Acts 20:28
  8. It was substitutionary: I Pet. 2:24; II Cor. 5:21  
B. It's scope:
  1. For the whole world: I John 2:2; I Tim 2:6; John 1:29
  2. For each individual: Heb. 2:29
One creature cannot, in the government of God, take the place of another. An angel cannot act in the place of man, because man, not angels, sinned, and came short of the glory of God. Consequently, angels do not know the meaning of redemption (I Pet. 1:12). One sinner cannot take the place of another sinner, for both need redemption (Psalm 49:7). If allowed to do so, one perfect creature could only take the place of one sinful creature. For every sinner there would be need of a perfect creature. But Christ, the only begotten of the Father---not a creature---could give universal value to His death for all, and because He was the sinless Son of God, He tasted death for every man. In considering every individual, every class and type of sinner comes under the benefit and potential saving power of the Cross; none is too low, too vile, too unworthy (Rom. 5:6-8; I Tim. 1:15; I Pet. 3:18).
    3.   For the Church and all believers: Eph. 5:25-27; I Tim. 4:10


C. It's results:
  1. The distance between God and man is annihilated: Eph. 2:13
  2. Redemption from the curse of the law is secured: Gal. 3:13
  3. Deliverance from bondage to the law is provided: Col. 2:14
  4. Ground for justification from guilt is provided: Rom. 5:9
  5. Reconciliation with God is provided: Rom. 5:10
  6. Forgiveness of sin is secured: Eph. 1:7
  7. Ground for sonship is furnished: Gal. 4:3-5
  8. Cleansing from all sin is provided: I John 1:7,9
  9. Power of sin is potentially nullified: Rom. 6:6-11
  10. Condemnation is forever removed: Rom. 8:1-3,33,34
  11. Fear of death removed: Heb. 2:14,15; I Cor. 15:20-23,54-57

No comments: